Thread: update
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 01:28 AM   #1
tammymarie1971

update

Hi ladies, Things are going better around my neck of the woods....I had tdm-1 #3 on Thursday...Tumor markers have come down from 399 to 314 so not huge dramatics but the right direction for sure...Bilirubin which was 300+ when I was in the hospital early December is now 50!! so that is good. Ast & Alt are also coming down...this is so encouraging..considering they said I wouldn't make it to Christmas....I am grateful however for the "dress rehearsal" that the time in the hospital gave to my husband and our 4 kids..As hard as it was on them it gave us all a chance to say what we wanted and just show how we really felt...It broke my heart to see them so upset...but I know they will be ok ..eventually... and that my family and church family really know how to step up!!!WOW...
However it appears that the Lord has other plans for me right now!
So I will continue to take care of my family with new ghusto... and enjoy the time however long...
I am slowly weaning myself off of most meds too..with doctor permission and that is helping mental health...However the ammonia in the blood work went up by 10 pts and I do notice it...there are some hazy times and I find it hard to hold conversations for long especially with some people...I do have an appointment to see a liver surgeon on Tuesday so maybe he also has a plan for how to drain things??? I do take lactulose which is supposed to help get rid of the ammonia through the bowels, but it seems to be taking forever to get my mind totally clear...
Anyway overall I wanted to share this optimistic news with you dear ladies and give a boost to whoever just might needed to hear a little hopeful news!
Happy New Year!!
Tammy
Dx'd Dec'01 while 6mos preg. with #4. child (30yrsold)Mastectomy/AC chemo/radiation/ Recur:Mar'04 liver mets: 3 taxol/herceptin /liver resection/3 taxol/herceptin. Cured?
Recur: May'05 spine & Hip. New onc
treatment in Mexico Feb'06-Mar-06
back to Mexico June/July '06
Currently on herceptin/Zometa/Femara-recently added navelbine
Switched to arimidex Nov'06
ovaries removed June '07
ca15-3 in May'06 was 102
ca15-3 summer of '07 holding steady at 23!
ca15-3 slowly rising Dec & Jan 36, 38, 41 and Feb was 36
Feb '08 Liver, lung & Brain scan NED... bones are stable with even a couple spots gone. as compared with '06 scans
May '08 ca 15-3 is 55. Treatment is zometa, vinorelbine, herceptin and aromasin.
No signifcant changes.
Feb'09 Started Xeloda with herceptin..no more hormonals
Feb'09-June'09 tumor markers coming down again from 155 to 84
May'09 blood clots in lungs vena cava filter put in..Heparin shots daily for now.
tammymarie1971 is offline   Reply With Quote