View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 09:20 AM   #7
jml

Thanks to Joe & everyone's guidance re:assitance programs to help pay for these meds. Even the pharmacist at the compounding pharmacy started an application for me through CVS/Caremark (?). Also, the social worker at the hospital has sent me the appropriate forms.
So, while we wait for approval, I paid, out of pocket, for a 1 week supply of Tykerb/Xeloda - ~$1400! Hopefully I'll get reimbursed for some/all of this amount and then the Rx assistance will kick in too.
From what I understand, PO drugs (by mouth) are covered under a different part of the insurance policy, so I have to meet a deductible for this service before my additional coverage kicks in. And, Tykerb is such a new drug - still very pricey.

I started my first dose of Tykerb last night at bed time, then my 1st dose of Xeloda this morning. It was a strange, strange feeling - taking those pills - especially the Xeloda. I felt myself get scared & kind of teary...strange. I still feel weird about leaving Herceptin & in the back of my mind, I imagine going back to it at some point...that's strange too!

Again, thanks to everyone here for the helpful hints. And here's to knocking the Monster out cold for a long, long, looonng time.

Keep the Faith~

Jessica
jml is offline   Reply With Quote