View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 08:57 PM   #3
Bev

Hi Becca, your insurance running out is a problem. Can you continue it with COBRA, Hippa or other means?

I haven't heard of tamox with Lupron, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. Tamox in and of itself is a good starter plan for ER pos cancer and it's cheap. Downside, it can cause uterine cancer. Plus side is it works for BC even if you are premenopausal.

Generally AI's, Arimidex, are a little bit more effective to prevent recurrence. Downside, they cause bone loss, and are completely ineffective if you are premenopausal.

Lupron or ovary removal will put you in the post menopausal state. Also there is some correlation between BC and ovarian cancer, which might be an argument for an ovary removal.

Because your insurance is running out, now may be the time to do ovary removal. If I were young and stage 1, I don't know if I would want to be pushed into menopause, even though it's safer. QOL.

If you are under 40, or want more children, maybe tamox alone makes more sense.

There's no right answer. You just need to come up with something that suits your need and hope you picked the right thing. Bev
Bev is offline   Reply With Quote