Thread: money
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 02:14 PM   #11
PinkGirl

Smile holy sh#t...

That's a lot of money. When I started herceptin, I thought someone told me that the total cost of it was going to be $54,000 Cdn. That sounds low now that I've seen your estimates. I know the drug companies aren't as bad here as in the States - maybe that accounts for the difference.

Brenda - no offense taken - I just have never heard of South Park. Sounds a bit like the McKenzie Brothers - they drink beer, fart a lot, and say eh? Have you ever seen the Canadian bumper sticker: "When opportunity knocks, Canadians complain about the noise." We are a bit different up here !!!

Seriously, I can't imagine having to live with this nasty disease and also have to worry about paying for treatments. I really feel for those who do not have private insurance. I know if I ever need to have "pill" chemo, it is not covered the way the infusion kind is. I will have to buy the pills and submit the bills through my private drug/dental plan. I will get the money back, but I'll have to put out the money first (CREDIT CARD). If I didn't have a private drug/dental plan, there is a Foundation that would pay for the chemo pills.

Thanks for your replies. I think I will give my red and white card an extra kiss tonight.

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09

" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album