View Single Post
Old 06-01-2007, 09:44 AM   #19
bailey

Andrea - I was on Herceptin and did very well on it. I just started Tykerb and Xeloda and I hate it - first, not sure about the Tykerb and Herceptin as I thought the same as you but I'm hoping my Dr. just takes me off the xeloda - it has given me the worst headaches I've ever had although right now I am currently on my 7 day off of xeloda and no headaches. Also major diarhea which is awful, heartburn which I've finally gotten under control with Nexium or Prilosec and just doing research on the internet to alkalize my body, I am only getting the tingly in my feet from the hand and foot syndrome and it's sore - I really do not like these mixtures of pills. I was told that insurance would not cover Tykerb alone but only with the xeloda which I find strange - told this by my Onc. so if anyone has info. on that plse. let me know. I got a call from the Tykerb folks and she tells me I can do Tykerb alone and insurance will pay for it so I see my Onc next Wed. 6th and will discuss. I'm not happy on the mix at all - the headaches are major migraines and I can't live like that.
Any help from anyone would be appreciated.
Thanks
Bailey
bailey is offline   Reply With Quote