View Single Post
Old 12-27-2011, 05:19 AM   #2
Paula O

Re: Diet vs. Exercise. Eat right, but . . .

Thanks for sharing this. I am struggling with my weight--it's been an issue for me for years on and off. I decided not to wait til Jan 1st to get back on track, though that is most tempting as the house is still loaded with Christmas treats, have a couple invitations out this week still, etc.-TODAY is day#1 for me to get back to eating and exercising the way I want to be. Have others here also gained weight during cancer treatment? I thought cancer was supposed to make you skinny. I asked my oncologist and he said most of his breast cancer patients gain weight with steroids, etc.

My profile picture here was taken in May, after doing the alternative cancer treatment prior to conventional medicine, feeling slim and trim then yikes, have packed on an embarrasing many pounds since then. Enough is enough. I feel awful overweight and am mad at myself for gaining so much weight this year. I want to turn to God when stressed, not chocolate!

For years I exercised 1 to 1 1/2 hours/day six days a week and loved it. I'm so exhausted now, exercise went out the window except for walking sometimes. I am going to have to build back up slow and easy. For years i ate salad while my family ate pizza and I ate fruit while they ate junk. It made me so upset that i got cancer, felt very disillusioned and disappointed that my healthy lifestyle did not prevent cancer and i've allowed junky eating to creep back in... BAD idea! During chemo i ate lightly for a week afterwards because of nausea then was ravenous the next two weeks before chemo again. Are there others who want to join me in getting to their ideal weight (either up or down) with a healthy eating plan that suits the person best and get into a good exercise routine in 2012? There are many things out of our control but what we put in our mouths is and we can increase our activity as we are able. We can do it!

Here's to a healthier 2012!

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote