View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 03:03 PM   #3
Andrea Barnett Budin

Location: LAND OF YES! w/home in Boca Raton, Florida Orig from L.I., N.Y. Ever hovering IN THE NOW...
Wink Quotes Inspire Me

Great idea, Marie!

I have learned to habitually live with a firm belief in a positive future. I could see my misfortune as enduring, but I consciously choose instead not to get bogged down in the grip of such a pessimistic view. That would cause me to feel miserable and to accomplish less than is possible. I KNOW on the deepest of levels that pessimistic prophecies are self-fulfilling!

As is positive thinking!

YES IS A WORLD

& IN THIS WORLD OF

YES LIVE
(SKILLFULLY CURLED)

ALL WORLDS

ee cummings

*Yes* is a mentality. It is a whole world, full of all possibilities. Where miracles are born. I chose to live in the LAND OF YES. (I know this place exists midst a sea of No. I chose to ignore this, and move forward happily anyway.) And, quite miraculously, HERE AM I! Still...

I could live with the constant drone of uncertainty, stepping on a land mine and have my life explode any instant, but that is a very sad place to be.

Instead of living overwrought with worst case scenarios, I revel that I have awakened each morning not surrounded by a velvet coated box. I AM ALIVE! I am humbly grateful, full of LOVE and AWE. I live with an open heart and feel deluged with Universal Love (that's the only way I can describe this experience, this new way of *being* that blessed me after bc)!

I live each day as if what I want ALREADY EXISTS. Not in denial, but with my Spirit wrapped around the joy and sublime serenity of BEING. I release all anger, remorse, fear, anxiety, hurt feelings daily, INTENTIONALLY. I experience my emotions and then I push them off a cliff. I expel them slowly, as I exhale. I take in new life-affirming air deep in to my body. I hold on to it, to The Now of it. And then, I release it through my pursed lips, letting the breath and all that is unwanted escape from me, leaving me in harmony. I have learned to stop struggling, through my resisting of what is. Allowing me to live in the LAND OF YES.

Sorry for going on, but this is the crux of my new improved philosophy of Life, that came w/the traumas of breast cancer. It is an insidious disease, not a beast, not a monster. I refuse to give it that power. It is a mindless dysfunction of the body that can be dealt with. I plan on living to be 100 and dying of something entirely different.

KNOWLEDGE IS OFTEN MISTAKEN FOR INTELLIGENCE.
THIS IS LIKE MISTAKING A CUP OF MILK FOR A COW.
Andi
'95 post-meno dx Invasive LOBULAR w/9cm tumor! YIKES + 2/21 nodes. Clear mammo 10 mnths earlier. Mastec/tram flap reconst/PORT/8 mnths chemo (4Adria/8CMF). Borderline ER/PR. Tamoxifen 2 yrs. Felt BLESSED. I could walk and talk, feed and bathe myself! I KNEW I would survive...

'98 -- multiple mets to liver. HER2+ 80%. ER/PR- Raging, highly aggressive tumors spreading fast. New PORT. 9 mnths Taxotere Fought fire w/fire! Pronounced in cautious remission 5/99. Taxotere weekly for 6 wks, 2 wks off -- for 9 mnths. TALK ABOUT GRUELING! (I believe they've altered that protocol since those days -- sure hope so!!)
+ good old Vit H wkly for 1st 3 yrs, then triple dosage ev 3 wks for 7 yrs more... The "easy" chemo, right?! Not a walk in the park, but not a freight train coming at 'ya either...

Added Herceptin Nov '98 (6 wks after FDA fast-tracked it for met bc). Stayed w/Vit H till July '08! Now I AM FREE! Humbly and eternally grateful for this life-saving drug! NED since '99 and planning on keeping it that way. To hell w/poor prognosis and nasty stats! STOPPED VIT H JULY '08...! REMAIN STABLE... Eternally grateful...Yes is a world & in this world of yes live (skillfully curled) all worlds ... (e e cummings) EVERY DAY I BEAT MY PREVIOUS RECORD FOR # OF CONSECUTIVE DAYS I'VE STAYED ALIVE. Smile KNOWING you too can be a miracle. Up to me and God now...
Andrea Barnett Budin is offline   Reply With Quote