View Single Post
Old 07-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #26
phil

Re: Pertuzumab not avaliable to stage 4 contrary to what you have heard

I had heard rumors about this conditional approval of pert months ago. Didnt want to believe that This FDA again would say f - you to Stage IV Survivors >>> but its been about two yrs of stonewalling T DM-1. I suggest people push the care2 petition for T DM-1, the petitionsite.com , " Please Ask Congress to Push FDA Approval Of Her2neu cancer treatment T DM-1 ...", started by Joann Rootsey in Fla. ( on FB). She could amend it to include pert. and Cong reps on the HELP Committee.
Any No. Carolinians out there ? Call your Sen., Kay Hagan, shes on the HELP Committee, and has abill the TREAT ACT , aimed overhauling FDA drug approval process. I dont know if details include our mantra of Flexible treatment, In formed Choice for Late Stage IV Survivors , but our input needs to be included.
I hear that Gen would be flexible w/ pert for comp use, but hospitals are being tight w/ off protocol tx. Need to press them, publicize thier actions . I hear that about our giant Partners Healthcare here in Boston. Their IRB supposedly is trying to not give off protocol use for pert. Why ? not sure, afraid of FDA ?
Late Stage IV her2 + who have progr. on taxane, tyk., should try comp use for tdm-1 too. If your ins or doc/hospital obstructs , publicize it !
phil is offline   Reply With Quote