View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
Paula O

Re: HELP!!!!!! Pertuzumab denied by insurance! iN PANIC MODE AND DON'T KNOW THAT TO

Boy, this is rough stuff, Chrisy. My heart goes out to you. I did have to fight a couple crazy insurance denials (much less of a big deal than yours--just a pain to do when they were dening items covered by my plan) with a different Blue Cross/Shield that did work out for them to pay afterall with Dr documentation and an appeal process.

Tomorrow morning first thing how about you or a family member giving Blue Cross a call and get the ball rolling ASAP. You might be assigned a nurse case manager (or acquire one) who can help expidite this. I don't have one but some people find them helpful and I think you can request one when you have cancer. Does your oncologist's office have advice or know next needed step on their part and yours? I wonder if the drug company itself has help for those without insurance coverage?

Sending hugs and prayers your way,

Paula

You are right about the breathing. Maybe a walk in the fresh air will help with that--exercise can help us to think with greater clarity when under stress too.
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote