View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 01:08 PM   #13
mts

Hi Lisa,

I have mentioned this before, but when I look at you, I see me. You resemble me quite a bit. I always look for your posts because you always have something "real" to say...
I really understand feeling overwhelmed... frustrated and everything else. I love this website because it shows me I am not alone. Somedays I think of my cancer everytime I breathe. Its difficult. But you know, I am as proactive as possible and I feel in my heart I am doing everything I can.

When people ask me how I am doing (and I really don't want to get into it) I usually respond "My doc says I need a new kidney -would you be interested in getting tested?" They soon get the point and give me the "I understand you" face. If they don't get it, I feel a little bit of mischevious glee and it makes me laugh inside.

My mom died of parotid cancer. She NEVER wore a hat or wig. Some people could'nt help but stare; little kids wanted to touch her bald, shiny head; others commented on her beautiful skin ridges.

I have learned to accept this disease and I milk it every chance I get. I have become selfish (in a good way) and concentrate on my family. Screw anyone else that doesn't like what /who I am.

I see in everyone a bit of me -as a collective we are one, but individually we are our own universe.

Please hang in there! I value your input more than you think and truly appreciate your brain.

Warmly,
Maria