View Single Post
Old 08-24-2005, 06:32 AM   #5
eric

Definitely! There's a lot at stake and I worry most about supplements. We rely on our doctors to know everything, yet we recognize that there's still many questions regarding this disease. Add that to the fact that unless the doc specializes just in bc then it's virtually impossible for him/her to keep up with all of the information. As a result, we (I) delve into areas that we are not really trained for. I know this brings up a good deal of doubt and anxiety for me and I wonder if it has the same effect on you and others as well. We SOOO badly want to make the right decisions, yet much of it is based on trust and hunches.

I'm nervous that Caryn isn't on any special supplements (for fear of negative implications) but I do feel good that she's on the UW vaccine in addition to the herceptin. I forward info that I like to her doctor than trust him to make the right decision. It didn't appear to payoff during her adjuvant treatment but I try not to look back. I tell myself that we all made the best decision we could based on the info that we had, and that it wasn't for a lack of effort or concern. Unfortunately, this is not yet an exact science!

Lisa, sorry for rambling but I hope it helps to know that you're not alone.

Warmest regards,
Eric