View Single Post
Old 06-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #6
R.B.

As well as taking fish oil the key for me is to balance the omega threes and sixes.

I am still trying to understand it all, but here is my current take on what may be a key bit of it it based on trials etc, I am strictly an amateur, but would not be posting if I had not read sufficient to be convinced balancing the omega threes and sixes is a key factor with many potential benifits and limited downsides.

Please see posts on omega three six, side effects n3s see Linus Pauling site, and do talk to your advisors. The influence of fats in the body is much more powerful than is commonly understood by us the wider population.

Trials have shown

PGE 2 (prostaglandin 2) is a percussor of CPY 19 (aromatase gene), which is a percussor of P450 (called aromatase) which is a percusor of edstradoil (a member of the oestrogen family).

Aromatase is present in breast tissue and a source of local oestrogen production in breast tissue.

PGE 2 is a cox 2 derivative.

There is a straight line realtionship between Cox2 and CPY 19 expression. Cox 2 up CPY 19 up.

More omega six means more omega six in the cell membranes more fuel for the cox 2 pathways etc. NO omega six = no Cox 2. The body cannot make it any other way. (when in balance with n3 OK -BUTexcess n6 appears to be the issue)

Cox 2 can only be produced from the omega sixes.

Omega threes moderation production of cox 2s.

RB
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote