View Single Post
Old 11-09-2012, 01:59 PM   #18
sarah

Re: Tumor Profiling - I have to share with you

Hi Kim,
It was nice to see a post from you. I'm doing well, thank you.
Last winter I had serious breathing problems and they discovered I'd had a heart attack - it was news to me!! I just had pain in my chest when I went out in the cold to walk my dog in the morning!!! Anyway an artery had closed up due to the radiation I had for BC, so I had an angioplasty and a stent put in. so now I'm on pills for that!!! I also have fibrosis in one lung also because of the radiation. But all of that is just easy stuff. I watched the angioplasty - it was fascinating. I had to stifle a laugh when the doc said "merde" (shit) in the middle of the op! Not something you like to hear when something's being pushed up a vein from your groin!!! it was because the scanner slammed into the bed and he needed it to move it to the other side to see so then they pulled it around. He was thrilled when the vein burst open - apparently when a vein is blocked 100% it's not a sure thing that they can open it!!! something he only divulged to me the night before the op!!! so I took 2 mild sleeping pills that night - one the nurse gave me and one my roommate had squirreled away!
I just got back from 3 weeks in China which was very interesting.
Keep us posted on what's going on with you. It all sounds very well planned. Hope this new treatment is easy to take, get well and come and visit me!
hugs and love sarah