Thread: Tangerine peels
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2007, 11:01 AM   #5
RhondaH

Exclamation Here is Diana Dyers phytochemical shake AND an additon w/ the tangerine...

this was on her blog.

"A new research study in the news today reported that a molecule called Salvestrol Q40, found in tangerine peel, destroyed cancer cells in a laboratory setting. Every winter when tangerines come into season, I periodically add a whole one to my soy shake recipe, peel and all. I have been doing this for 12 years. I love the taste (zing!) and I always figured there must be something good in those peels. I know that other researchers have been studying various molecules in other citrus peels for their anti-cancer activity, too, although there are not yet a lot of published studies.

Don't wait for a new chemotherapy or chemopreventive drug to be developed from this research. Eat your whole foods now, yes, including the peelings (at least a little bit, once in a while!).

Here is the basic recipe for Diana's SuperSoy and Phytochemical Shake:

2 1/2 oz. soft or silken tofu (1/6 of a 1 lb. block)
3/4 cup of soy milk
1 large carrot or 6 - 8 baby carrots
3/4 cup of orange juice
3/4 cup fresh or frozen fruit
1-2 tablespoons of wheat or oat bran
1-2 tablespoons of wheat germ
1-2 tablespoons of ground or whole flax seed

Don't be afraid to vary the recipe and spice it up. Adding a whole tangerine is a great addition. :-)"

Take care

Rhonda

Dx 2/1/05, Stage 1, 0 nodes, Grade 3, ER/PR-, HER2+ (3.16 Fish)
2/7/05, Partial Mastectomy
5/18/05 Finished 6 rounds of dose dense TEC (Taxotere, Epirubicin and Cytoxan)
8/1/05 Finished 33 rads
8/18/05 Started Herceptin, every 3 weeks for a year (last one 8/10/06)

2/1/13...8 year Cancerversary and I am "perfect" (at least where cancer is concerned;)

" And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln
RhondaH is offline   Reply With Quote