View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #9
Becky

Oh Marie

My heart goes out to you both and all you have endured.

I will keep my fingers crossed on this newest treatment (consider adding the Herceptin back in).

As for nutrition - add secret calories wherever you can. Gravy on meat, butter on vegetables, real cream instead of 2% for coffee or tea.

Make small milkshakes and smoothies. In the smoothie used full fat yogurt (yo baby) for babies. Anywhere you can squeeze extra calories in without volume. Right now its more about calories than just getting good nutrition. Use that blender though. You can whip up some delicious, nutritous, high calorie drinks with it.

Think mashed potatoes too. With the butter and whole milk or light cream - its more caloric and easy to eat.

Cheese too - melt in, on and mixed in. Any types.

Also soup - homemade with lots of veggies and add barley. Just a cup (and you can freeze it in baggies to always have it on hand). Privately email me for potential recipes if you want.

Peanut butter on a cracker or two with sliced bananas. Just 2 crackers. Try lots and lots of very small snacks. A cup of soup - an hr later 2 crackers with peanut butter or full fat cottage cheese, 2 hrs later a small milkshake or smoothie, 2 hrs later a veggie and a cup of mashed potato.

Little bits often might add up and if he is willing to please you, he might take a few bites every hr versus having to try to eat alot at one time.

Love and hugs to you and Ed

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote