View Single Post
Old 12-21-2005, 01:34 PM   #8
Nicola

Words of Encouragement

These are some of my favorite quotes, they always uplift my spirit and help me to move past my brief moments of doubt. I hope that they may do the same for you.

"All things are possible until they are proved impossible - and even the impossible may only be so, as of now."

Pearl S. Buck, 1892-1973
American Writer and Missionary

"We are all afraid - for our confidence, for the future, for the world. That is the nature of the human imagination. Yet every man, every civilization, has gone forward because it's engagement with what it has set itself to do. The personal commitment and the emotional commitment of working together as one, has made the Ascent of Man."

Jacob Bronowski, 1908-1974
British Mathematician, Writer and TV Presenter

"Never give in!
Never give in!
Never, never, never, never-
in nothing great or small, large or petty - never give in except to convictions of honor and good sense."

Winston Churchill, 1874-1965
British Statesman and Prime Minister

"My personal trials have also taught me the value of unmerited suffering. As my sufferings mounted I soon realized that there were two ways that I could respond to my situation: either to react with bitterness or to transform the suffering into a creative force."

Martin Luther King, 1929-1968
American Civil Rights Leader and Minister

"To endure is greater than to dare; to tire out hostile fortune; to be daunted by no difficulty; to keep heart when all have lost it -
who can say this is not greatness?"

William Makepeace Thackeray, 1811-1863
English Writer

"My message to you is:
Be Couragous!
Be as brave as your fathers before you.
Have Faith!
Go forward.

Thomas Edison, 1847-1931
American Inventor

"He who has courage and faith will never perish in misery!"

Anne Frank, 1929-1945
German Jewish Schoolgirl Diarist

"Be strong and of good courage:
be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed:
for the Lord thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest."

The Bible, Joshua 1:19

"If suffering went out of life, courage, tenderness, pity, faith, patience and love in its divinity would go out of life too."

Father Andrew
Life and Letters

"Believe you can, and you can. Belief is one of the most powerful of all problem dissolvers. When you believe that a difficulty can be overcome, you are more than halfway to victory over it already."

Norman Vincent Peale, 1898-1993
American Writer and Minister
Nicola is offline   Reply With Quote