View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 11:42 AM   #11
vickie h

Lee,

I'm so glad you posted this. There are many people on this site that experience those same blues, if not most.

It is something we don't talk about enough, yet it is very real and a huge part of the journey we are on. While I realize that laughter is a great healer and the advocation of it very important, so is the baring of one's fears, sadness and depression. It is through this opening up of our vulnerabilities that we create our own healing, as well as others, and is no less significant.

Your honesty here will touch all of us in unmeasured ways. Living in the scope of disease, in unchartered waters, leaves one to ponder the future and its' many outcomes, though we are told to live in the moment. Easier said than practiced...it takes much soul searching and time. You have already begun to heal by merely reaching out to all of us and i can't thank you enough for your courage. We are here for one another, striving to learn and to hold each other close as we wander this new landscape.

Much love to you and Colleen as you walk this path. Time and love are the greatest healers and this too, shall pass.

Love, Vickie

Life's not about waiting for the storm to pass,
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Feb 04 IBC IIIC/IV er-/pr- her2+++
3/04 TCH X4
7/ 04 MRM 9/04 Taxol/herceptin wkly 1 yr 33X rads
11/04 skin mets 33x rads,10/05 Avast/Herc. 11 mos.
8/ 06 PET mets lymphs, neck
9/ 06 Navelbine/herceptin
11/ 06 PET NED
2/ 07 skin mets, 4/07 Xeloda, 5/07 add Tykerb
2/ 08 Tykerb failed. Doxil /Herceptin 6 months
8/08 PET skin mets, 8/08 Abraxane/Avastin
11/ 08 PET prog., skin mets
1/09 PET/CT progress, 1/09 Ixempra, 2/09 add Xeloda and low dose Naltrexone
2/09 off Ixempra/Xeloda
3/09 navelbine/herc/cytoxin 4/09 PET shows regress.7/09 start Topotecan. Failed.
8/09 extensive mets rgt brst, back and torso. starting Pazopanib clinical trial.
vickie h is offline   Reply With Quote