View Single Post
Old 01-17-2009, 10:37 PM   #3
Bill

Lee, you are exactly correct. We are problem-solvers, and as you stated, warriors, and it's unnatural for us to sit around and do nothing, waiting for the foe. That gives him the upper hand, and in a war/battle, you must take advantage of every opportunity and make some of your own. Like General Patton said, "He who hesitates has lost". I understand your feelings, Lee. I've been going through the same thing. You spend years fighting cancer, and it's hard, very hard, to just shift gears. A good friend of mine told me that what I've been through is just like being away at war, and then the next day trying to adjust to a routine, mundane existence again. It's the same for you. It's hard to go from being a hyper-vigilant, super-alert, paranoid, adrenaline-filled worry wart to a lay around the house and watch tv kinda guy in one fell swoop. The shifting takes time. I noticed you haven't been posting as much lately, and that's fine. You need to take a break. It's been a rough year here, and it sounds like you and Colleen are doing well. You have been a bright spot in our lives, but I think you need to take a little breather, just please make the obligatory "taking a break" post. You guys are at a good spot in your treatment and you can't keep reading about cancer all day. "A warrior with no battle to fight will invariably turn to those around him", right? One guess who said that. I still check the site daily, but after making sure I've done what I can, I paint or tend plants in my garden. Lee, maybe you should do something different. A new hobby. If you think about, your battle is nearly won, so you may now have a little more free time. Do something for yourself. You've earned it. Try to find something peaceful to do, where you have quiet moments to reflect and regroup. Life is a series of battles/challenges, one after the next. God willing, it won't be another cancer battle, but it will be something. Take this time to heal and regroup and come back strong, my friend.

Last edited by Bill; 01-17-2009 at 10:43 PM..
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote