Thread: A special case
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2006, 07:55 PM   #5
Gina

Wow..what a good case history you will make..smile.

Hi, we share A LOT in common...I was dx at 33, did a very aggressive chemo regimen not so different from yours..CAF then taxotere then rads, but it only bought me 5 months till the cancer had mets to the liver..(12 lesions..) as there was NO liver transplant BACK THEN...oh I feel ancient..in 1999..smile...and CERTAINLY no sternum transplant..YOU MUST BE VERY RARE...smile..., I had to get by on HERCEPTIN alone...

LONG story short..it has worked very well for me...but living with cancer is now just a part of my daily routine..having mets some 7 times since...including ONE very stubborn MET to my sternum...right in the manubrium...right over my heart...so, yes, I share your pain, AND your ENTHUSIASM to keep living.

I have been a single mom throughout and even though I am thrilled I will be turning 42 next month...just to have survived nearly 10 years..., but I am at the same time angry and sad that all my very BEST and MOST LOVELY womanly years have all been swallowed up fighting this illness...even though I am very grateful for an exceptional quality of life made possible by the Herceptin that lets me run my own company and even volunteer to help folks with her-2 and other cancers. I am especially grateful that at least I had one natural child before all this happened but am saddened for all the other children I wanted but did not get the opportunity to conceive...

I most of all am sad that having an illness such as this makes having a significant relationship even harder than it already is under the best of circumstances. You are very brave and very positive. I wish you the very best...I visited Rome several times when I lived in Europe back in the 80s..it is a beautiful city.

Good luck with that LAWYER...trust me..with this kind of illness...a good litigator is NEARLY as important as a great oncologist..smile..

Best of luck to you,
Gina
GPOPP@Comcast.com
Gina is offline   Reply With Quote