Thread: "An Awakening"
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2010, 05:25 PM   #1
kmimsrice

Thumbs up "An Awakening"

Hello my survivor sisters and brothers;

I'm new to the site and have read many of your courageous stories and wanted to share a little of mine with you. I'm a Breast Cancer survivor, now x7yrs. I was just like many,when I first received my diagnose (a death sentence), but later down the line, I found my diagnose to be "An Awakening" experience for me. Sure, I was afraid at first, but it didn't last very long. I was even angry with God, but later I went to a hiding place to be alone and prayed like I'd never prayed before; a true conversation with God. Suddenly, it was like I heard a voice telling me that I was going to be Ok, "but only if I believe" and appreciate the blessings "I already have". From that moment on, I was truly Ok, and I knew that I would survive.

I also knew that I was about to face a new beginning, new hope, do and see more with a whole new prospective on life. I was about to work by and through the strength that I will develop each time I think of the gift of life my Savior gave to me. I went through all my surgeries, treatments, and I had a reconstruction. I do live with many complications now and other related illnesses from the cancer/surgeries (with the worst one being Pain), but I'm Ok, I'm alive. I was one of the blessed and lucky ones, pain and all, so who am I to complain. Through all that I had to endure with my complications and pain, I began to write. I wrote down how I felt about cancer, pain, struggling and life in general, placed it all in poems.
I then placed them into book form and I just recently had my first inspirational book of poems published called "True Simple Poems of Life, Faith and Survival". It's a simple, true, easy to read book of poems from the heart of a cancer survivor; where the words and phrases of each poem of statements, I wish to make a positive impact on someone whos' ill or otherwise, where they can proceed life in a whole new way.

I have another inspirational children's book that should be out by this summer; see that's what I'm all about now, inspiration. I truly believe that any one who survive a horrific tragedy or a horrible disease, it's for a purpose and I want to live and find out exactly what that is for me. Yes, evil entered my body for a while, tried to take it over, but God interferred with that plan; he has his own plan and time for each one of us. I also want to leave this statement for all newly diagnosed individuals, "you can still have a life, during and after cancer" if you believe and work at it.
Thank You.
kmimsrice is offline   Reply With Quote