Thread: Prayer Room
View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 08:05 PM   #17
Bill

A prayer of thanks that God has blessed you and so many others. Actually, He's blessed all of us, just in different ways. (ok, Audrey, i'm whispering now, because this is the prayer room, but you've just reminded me of something else I want to do. Nikki loved Jolly Ranchers, and when she had a stay in the hospital last August, I brought in a bag of Jolly Ranchers and hung them up on her IV pole, and every time
she got up to walk around the floor, passing 4 nurses stations in he loop, we would talk to all of the nurses as we walked through, and after day 3 of this routine, one nurse said,"Oh my God, that's just a bag of Jolly Ranchers hanging up there", and instantly, everyone started talking at once, "I thought it was a bag of special meds, me too, etc." Then, we took the bag down and gave all of the nurses around the floor a handful of Jolly Ranchers. For 24 hours, the fifth floor smelled like Jolly Ranchers. I've been meaning to go back to the fifth floor and hand out more Jolly Ranchers. Thanks, Audrey!)
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote