Thread: Who We Are
View Single Post
Old 12-02-2012, 11:34 AM   #37
starwishn2

Re: Who We Are

Hi- I'm Jeri. I love this site! I was diagnosed in July (2012) and am still trying to get a grip on this entire thing.

I am very lucky. I am 56 years old and have 4 fabulous children (my FAB 4) and 7 grandchildren. Three of those 7 were born last year (2 are in the picture with me). They are such a blessing and joy in my life. I have been married to my husband for 5 years but I feel like we have known each other forever. He is the most unselfish person I know and the greatest strength I have.

I have lived in Utah most of my life but have also lived in Egypt, California and Texas. I have worked the past 27 years with foster children and now adoption. I was adopted at birth so working with adoption means a lot to me. I love to read, ride my mountain bike or road bike, hang out with my family and now photography. My husband bought me an amazing camera as I told him I needed something to do besides think of cancer. I'm trying to learn as much as I can about photography and hope some day to actually be good at it!!

I, like so many of you, have a strong belief in God and in a Cure! I have appreciated this site so much and the kind and supportive words from so many of you. Thank you~

Jeri
ITP playing nice
Diagnosed 3Jul2012 BC

2 cm - Grade 2 - Stage IIB
HER2+++

ER+/PR+
bilateral mastectomy 20Jul2012
Metastasized cancer found 1 lymph node
expanders placed during surgery
TCH chemo "cocktail" started 24Aug2012
every 3 weeks - 6 treatments
Herceptin - 18 treatments
LAST treatment Taxotere & Carboplatin 7Dec2012 -yay!
Continue with Herceptin 26Dec2012

Started Arimidex 01Jan2013 (for 5 years)
Surgery to remove expanders/reconstruction 18Jan2013
Infection in left breast from reconstruction/infection in most nails - SO many meds! 22Feb2013
Left implant not playing nice.... might need to remove and try again - blah! 04Apr2013
3Jul2013 - one year since diagnosis - booo cancer!

15Aug2013 LAST chemo infusion!! YIPPPEEE!!!
13Sep2013 2nd reconstructive surgery.. the FOOBs are looking good!

starwishn2 is offline   Reply With Quote