Thread: Who We Are
View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #32
imdavidson

Re: Who We Are

Hello,

My name is Idelle Davidson. I'm coming up on 7 years NED. Hooray!! This group means a lot to me. It was the first place I turned when I was diagnosed and needed support from others with HER-2. This is a wonderful, wonderful community.

I'm also a health writer. I co-authored a book with Dan Silverman at UCLA called, "Your Brain After Chemo: A Practical Guide to Lifting the Fog and Getting Back Your Focus." I have a blog devoted to "chemo brain" at www.YourBrainAfterChemo.blogspot.com if you'd like to come visit.

I also have an article in the Huffington Post this week about ASCO. The organization sets standards for cancer care yet their chemo consent form that patients sign is outdated and doesn't include warnings about treatment-related memory side effects. If you're interested, here's the link. Would be curious to know what you think.

In the meantime, it's good to be here. I don't always participate -- life gets in the way. But it always feels good to come back.

Best to all.

Idelle
Co-author (with Dr. Dan Silverman at UCLA) of "Your Brain After Chemo: A Practical Guide to Lifting the Fog and Getting Back Your Focus" (Da Capo Lifelong Books, 2009). Amazon. www.YourBrainAfterChemo.com.

ER/PR negative/HER-2 positive
imdavidson is offline   Reply With Quote