View Single Post
Old 09-28-2005, 07:19 PM   #2
Barbara2

I can not answer you question regarding being strongly Her2 and grade 1 cancer, as I don't know.

My tumor was "at least" 4.5cm, (Oct 2002) according to the information I received. The doctor never mentioned trying to shrink it first, but I think that might be because we really didn't know the size. It felt smaller than that, and the ultrasound was negative; the core of the tumor was smaller than that, but the "fingers" extended the tumor to 4.5cm. I, too, was Er+ which, yes, is a good thing.

I did get very sick with CEF chemo. I think the more current practice of 4 rounds of AC, followed by Taxol/herceptin would have been easier to tolerate. I was sickest with round 5 and 6 of chemo, which I wouldn't have had on the Taxol/herceptin plan.

I have a friend who did the AC, Taxol, then herceptin 5 years ago. She is a teacher, (mid 40's) and I don't think she ever missed any days due to illness, but she did admit there were a few times when she shouldn't have been working. It affects everyone differently. She is doing great and NED so far.

All the best to you. Barbara2
Barbara2 is offline   Reply With Quote