Thread: Brain mets
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 07:04 AM   #9
sally

Re: Brain mets

Thank you Rich for all that information. I was too overwhelming and I need plain english in WBR which is what I am going through right now. I need sucess stories. Thanks again. Sally
Dx March 2004 HER2+ er/pr+ 8/16 + lymphnodes mets to the liver Stage IV / 6 cycles of TCH and 33 rads . NED Continued Herceptin 3 years w/ Femara. Tumor markers start to rise in Jan of 2007 and swiched to Tamoxifen. August of 2007 found more mets to liver and lymphnodes outside of liver. Went on Tykerb/Xeleoda--spots on liver gone found large mass between intestines. March 2008 started TCH. Stopped Carboplatin due to allergy. Still on Taxotere and Herceptin. Nov 2008 mass is gone. 3 new spot on liver and one on spine. Radiation on spine. tykerb/gemzar for liver mets. PET in April 09 showed shrinkage still a little activity, continue tykerb/gemzar until Aug 09. PET showed new spot on my spine more on my liver and a bunch of enlarged lymphnodes in upper chest. Start Adriamycin Sep 09. more radiation on spine . April 2010- Still on Adriamycin 3wks on 1 wk off and zometa every 28 days. PET -May 2010 showed progression. Starting Herceptin/Navelbine on June '10
sally is offline   Reply With Quote