View Single Post
Old 08-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #39
Colleens_Husband

Re: Extremely Short Stories for those of you with Extremely Short Attention Spans

Miss Emily, the widowed dowager of an immense fortune summoned James, her driver, to the parlor.

"James, you are an excellent driver and you take such great care of the cars, however one Tuesdays, your day off, when I drive the car myself, I hear the most terrible screeching noises when I step on the brakes. James, I want the car fixed and in tip-top order."

"Yes ma'am, I will take the car to the mechanics immediately."

The next week, James was once again asked into the parlor. "James, I thought you were going to get the brakes repaired. Did you take the car to the mechanic?" asked Miss Emily.

"Yes ma'am, I took it to the mechanic and he said the brakes were in perfect working condition, I drove the car around myself for half a day and I heard no such noise."

"That may be true James, but just yesterday I drove the car and tht same terrible screeching noise occurred several times." Miss Emily chided.

"Perhaps if I were to be in the car while you drove it, I could find out what the problem is. It could be the transmission or the drive train."

After the ride James and Miss Emily met in the parlor. "Well James, did you hear that noise."

"Yes I did ma'am."

"So are you going to repair the car?" asked Miss emily.

"No ma'am."

"And why not?"

"Because ma'am, the sound you heard was the primal screams of pedestrians fleeing for their lives."

The End

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold