View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 06:16 AM   #1
greenacres

Constant all over body pain (m)...

have been browsing these boards for weeks and have posted a few times. I am 41. I was diagnosed with Stage 1, Grade 3, Her2+++ IDC and some DCIS, Tumor 1.5 cm, ER and PR NEG last December. Had a partial mastectomy, 6 cycles of Carbo and Taxotere, 33 rads and now I'm continuing my Hercpetin through end of December.

I am following up on my post from a couple of weeks ago about my pain. I have expressed my concern to my oncologist about all over body pain. I have a 30 min drive to work and just getting out of the car is painful. My wrists, legs, back, neck, elbows, fingers, legs, hips, ache all the TIME! They just prescribed me some Tramadol yesterday. I am so so so so tired all the time and recently I have felt just a tiny bit nauseated at times.

My nurse asked if I had ever been tested for Fibromyalgia. Yes, I had and I was negative. My pain at that time, came from my neck for which I had a disc replacement in 2008. I do have osteoarthritis throughout my spine. I have not had any follow-up scans since all of this began. My first PET scan revealed all ok except for two areas of uptake in the nasopharynx and both sides of the iliac bones? If I'm not having anymore scans (so they told me) how are they supposed to monitor that as the report says (will be monitored with scans during treatment).

My question is, has ANYONE else experienced this all over body pain with Herceptin or any other cancer drug? I am so sick of it. Just curious. My other concern is after my partial, they found ALH (Atypical Lobular Hyperplasia) on the tumor which was "close to the cauterized margin" - what if that spread? What if what I am feeling is mets all over the place?

My mammogram is scheduled for 12/1 and I am anxiously awaiting that day as you can imagine.

Thank you. - Sandra
Mammogram: 11/12/09
Call Back Mammo: 11/17/09
Biopsy: 11/25/09
Diagnosis Call: 12/2/09
Partial MX: 12/16/09. 3 LN clean.
6 Cycles Chemo (TCH) Jan-April/10; Herceptin all of 2010; 33 Rads complete 7/10. Herceptin done 12/10.
FOLLOW UPS:
Bil mammo, and Breast MRI 12/10 - CLEAN! (after a second lump was biopsied and BENIGN - showed giant cell reaction?).
Bil mammo 6/11 - CLEAN!
Left mammo 12/11 - CLEAN!
PET/CT scan 4/6/12 - CLEAN!
Bil mammo 8/12 - CLEAN!
November 2012 - Gallbladder Removed.
Bil MRI 2/13 - CLEAN!

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/sandragreen
greenacres is offline   Reply With Quote