View Single Post
Old 05-22-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
Gerri

Re: Knee replacement and stage 4

Hi Ceesun,

I am not stage 4 but thought I would share my knee replacement experience with you. I had both knees replaced in 2011 (six months apart) and am thrilled with the results! Other than a little stiffness, my knees are 100% better than they were prior to my surgeries. I have to admit, the recovery was a bit challenging, but after the first 3 weeks things improved. Physical Therapy is crucial to recovering your range of motion. It is painful, but the results are worth it.

I was in a lot of pain prior to my surgeries and could not walk without limping. Two weekends ago, I participated in the Revlon Walk/Run (a 5K) and completed it without any problems. Having my knees replaced was one of the best things I have ever done. I originally planned having both knees done at the same time but ultimately decided to do one at a time - I am so glad I did! Below is the link to a thread I started prior to my surgery. Lani provided several articles that may be of interest to you.

Good luck with your decision. If you have any questions regarding the actual surgery and recovery I will be happy to share more of my experience with you.

http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48643
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote