View Single Post
Old 04-15-2007, 07:13 AM   #25
dlaxague

Clothing that complements one-sided mastectomy

I go flat, too. I got the bra and prostheses and expected to wear them after bilaterals, while waiting to decide on reconstruction after treatment. That was 6 years ago and they never made it out of the bedroom. Just too uncomfortable, and instead of making me feel better, they made me feel costumed and MORE aware of what I'd lost. I gave them away eventually.

I'm not svelt enough to wear things like these and besides they are for unilaterals mostly, plus I'm told they're very very expensive. But what an amazing job they did of making lopsidedness look very pretty! The website is in Dutch but it's the photos that you want to see. http://www.lobstar.nl/ . Maybe some of you who are handy with a sewing machine will be inspired.

Debbie Laxague
3/01 ~ Age 49, occult primary announced by large axillary node found by my husband. Multiple CBE's, mammogram, U/S could not find anything in the breast. Axillary node biopsy - pathology said + for "mets above diaphragm, probably breast".
4/01 ~ Bilateral mastectomies (LMRM, R simple) - 1.2cm IDC was found at pathology.
5 of 11 axillary nodes positive, largest = 6cm. Stage IIIA
ERPR 5%/1% (re-done later at Baylor, both negative at zero).
HER2neu positive by IHC and FISH (8.89).
Lymphovascular invasion, grade 3, 8/9 modified SBR.
TX: Control of arm of NSABP B-31's adjuvant Herceptin trial (no Herceptin): A/C x 4 and Taxol x 4 q3weeks, then rads. Arimidex for two years, stopped after second patholgy opinion.
dlaxague is offline   Reply With Quote