View Single Post
Old 09-02-2007, 08:29 PM   #44
harrie

Hello Christina,
I had the exact same chemo meds as what you are taking. I started end of Jan and ended this past May, 6 rounds, 3 wks apart.
I didn't experience much nausea. Here are some of my side effects:
1. loss of hair on day 11
2. first round didn't hardly feel a thing, then they progressively got more intense as the toxins built up, peaking around round #4;
3. I got hyper-salivation which was something I could not find anything to get rid of and have found no one that experienced it like I did. Was wierd.
4. taste was totally warped for at least the first wk following tx.
5. I would get my tx on a Fri and would start feeling the effects on Sunday
6. side effects lasted about a wk and at the end of the 5 days to one wk, I could almost literally feel the side effects lift. Like a lifting fog;
7. My WBC and RBC were lowered. Took Nupogen for the WBC and something else for the RBC.
8. Nupogen, I had to take almost routinely because after the first tx, we knew my WBC was going to be effected. Only once did I get the bone ache and Advil took care of that nicely.
9. Decadron day prior to, day of and day after tx. This is to help prevent infections and allergic reactions. Also to prevent the "hand-foot syndrome".
10. The bottoms of my hands and feet would get REALLY red when exposed to heat. no sig discomfort though.
11. I did not miss a day of work throughout the TCH
12. I continued my exercise routines, modified.
13. Started doing yoga
14. Managed to keep my weight very much in check. I maybe gained a few lbs and the wt would really fluctuation + or - a couple of lbs.
15. Tired
16. Used Biotene toothpaste for my mouth. did not experience any sores at all.
17. I would get a mild case of muscular fatigue, mostly in my legs.

That is about all I can think of for now.
It has been just over 3 months post my last TCH tx. After the 2nd month I pretty much felt normal with my energy level and stamina.

If I can be of any help, let me know.
Maryanne

1993: right side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads
1999: left side DCIS, lumpectomy, rads, tamoxifen

2006:
BRCA 2 positive
Stage I, invasive DCIS (6mm x 5mm)
Grade: intermediate
sentinal node biopsy: neg
HER2/neu amplified 4.7
ER+/PR+
TOPO II neg
Oncotype dx 20
Bilat mastectomy with DIEP flap reconstruction
oophorectomy

2007:
6 cycles TCH (taxotere, carboplatin, herceptin)
finished 1 yr herceptin 05/07
Arimidex, stopped after almost 1 yr
Femara
harrie is offline   Reply With Quote