View Single Post
Old 02-27-2013, 07:19 AM   #20
NEDenise

Re: Brain Mets - new or old?

Thank you my friends!
Your prayers and encouragement mean so much...more than I can express! You are a rock in stormy seas...a safe little island of hope where I can catch my breath and know that others have my back. You all really help me "keep the faith".

Karen- since the scan is so late in the afternoon, I may have to wait until morning for results...but I'm planning to show up early...just in case I can get the scan sooner...then the results might be released today. Good news would certainly be welcome early...not so good news...I can wait till morning I think. New lesions would be a definite life-changer.

Sandra - sorry your neck is giving you pain. I still have some neck trouble myself - NOTHING compared to the back thing. But the good news is that my back feels great! I hope you get more relief soon.

Chris - Scam!! Not quite as funny as your phone's ammonium/immodium mix-up, but still made me smile. I'm really not "trying" to get ahead of myself...or borrow trouble...but it's soooo hard to contemplate Tykerb giving up on me so soon. I know I can have new lesions zapped...no big deal. But I'd much prefer to be able to stop new ones from forming in the first place! That's what will keep me around to see my kids grow up! My poor brain can only take so much zapping before it's had enough.

Geez! Pretty gruesome and a huge downer from someone who claims NOT to be borrowing trouble. Sorry...I guess I need to work on focusing on the poitive a little more. So far, Tykerb is working. Till an MRI says differently...that's my reality. Period.

FOB - I'm amazing!? If that's not the pot calling the kettle black?...what is!!?

KsGal - I'm right there with ya. Really, I am. Until someone walks where we are, I'm not sure they can truly understand the violation we feel. Now, we not only have the beast in our bodies, like all our sisters, but in a very real sense, it's trying to kill not just our bodies, but the person we are. It's trying to scrape away at our personality, our memories... in an instant, it could rob us of the person we are...one bleed...one seizure...and the person we are, could be gone forever. Our bodies might survive but that's not what I want for my family. I admit freely, that I don't feel as "sick" as many of our sisters with mets in other places...their SEs are a misery for them and those who love them. But, for me, having an invader in my brain is horrifying. I don't want to lose me. So, you can bet, I'm praying for both of us to get the kind of news we need to pick ourselves up and fight on! Sending a HUGE hug, filled with strength!

And friends...how sweet are you, that you think I deserve special treatment, early results, just because you love me!! Thank you all for thinking so highly of me...I don't know if it will have any pull in the MRI department, but I'll be sure to mention that I have friends, very special friends, all around the world, who would reeeaaally appreciate a quick report.

I love you guys!
Denise
4/12/11-A/C x 4, then T/H x 4, H only,Q3 weeks
8/26/11 finished Taxol!!!
10/7/11 mastectomy/DIEP recon
11/11 radiation x28
1/12/12 1st CANCER-VERSARY!
1/12 Low EF/Herceptin "Holiday" :(
2/12 EF up - Back on Herceptin, heart meds
4/2/1212 surgery to repair separated incision from DIEP recon
6/8/12 Return to work :)
6/17/12 Fall, shatter wrist,surgery to repair/insert plate :(
7/10/12 last Herceptin
7/23/12 Brain Mets %$&#! 3cm and 1cm
8/10/12 Gamma knife surgery, LOTS of steroids;start H/Tykerb
8/23/12 Back to work
12/20/12 Injure back-3 weeks in wheel chair
1/12/13 2nd CANCER-VERSARY!
1/14/13 herniate disk in back - surgery to repair
1/27/13 Radiation necrosis - edema in brain - back on steroids - but not back to work - off balance, poor cordination in right arm
5/3/13 Start Avastin to shrink necrosis
5/10/13 begin weaning steroids
6/18/13 Brain MRI - Avastin seems to be working!
6/20/13 quarterly CT - chest, abdomen, pelvis - All Clear!
7/5/13 finally off steroids!!
7/7/13 joined the ranks of the CHEMO NINJAS I am now Tekuto Ki Ariku cancer assassin!
7/13/13 Symptoms return - back on steroids
7/26/13 Back on Avastin - try again!
8/26/13 Not ready to return to classroom yet :( But I CAN walk without holding onto things! :)
9/9/13 Brain MRI - fingers crossed
“ Life is a grindstone, and whether it grinds you down or polishes you up is for you, and you alone, to decide. ” – Cavett Robert
NEDenise is offline   Reply With Quote