View Single Post
Old 09-16-2007, 09:25 PM   #6
Melinda

HI Joan,
Congrats on finishing tha hardest part of your journey. I was on TCH and have finished that regiment in June. Now having only the Herceptin in my system I can identify what side effects where coming from it while on the TCH. I get my H every 3 weeks. First week the runny nose, casues me to sneeze and that in itself is a life altering experience according to the people who are within earshot Aside from that the normal little aches and joint pain that usually are solved with a tylenol, and the first week some Imodium. But I want to qualify this... everyone experiences this differently.
As for Muga's/echocardiograms... I had my first one prior to chemo as a baseline and when I went off chemo ONC ordered another. The chemo and Herceptin can effect your LVEF left ventricle ejection fraction. They like it to stay above 50 as Kate has mentioned. You SHOULD get one or the other.... and be sure to have it PRIOR to your herceptin treatment and not after. I wish for you a walk in the park while on herceptin.
Keep the faith
Melinda
Mammosite radiation completed 2/10
Stage1/Grade 1
clear Margins /Nodes Neg
ER+
IHC +2 Fish +
ONCO 23
Started TCH on 3/2 for 6 rounds of TC once every three weels and a year of Herceptin every 3 weeks -
Finished everything and now on Aromasin
Melinda is offline   Reply With Quote