View Single Post
Old 12-08-2010, 04:00 AM   #4
Chelee

Re: What could this be?

Delaney,
I know once we are dx with this nasty disease it seems it's always something. My heart goes out to you. Gerri is right that it can be vertigo...I've had that problem too especially when laying down...and getting back up. But that being said you really need to make sure you tell your onc about this just to be sure. In our so called "new normal" everything has to be checked out unfortunetly. Since you see your onc Friday you could always put a call into his office ahead of time to let him know what your experiencing in case he wants to order any tests? You don't need the added stress of waiting longer then you have too. I know its hard but try to hang in there. This problem your having could be a SE from your meds, vertigo as we mentioned...lots of things. But do tell you onc about it. Let us know how it goes.

Chelee
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote