View Single Post
Old 02-04-2009, 01:36 PM   #7
Carolyns

Thanks to everyone for their well wishes and hope.

I did not qualify for the trial based on the fact that I have not had Xeloda. So, tomorrow or the day after (depending on the postal delivery of my meds) I start with Xeloda and Tykerb. I am hopeful that this combo will work and that I will get a long ride out of it. Then I am also hopeful that I will be able to join my sisters who are showing great promise in the DM1 trial. It may be that based upon the early success of this new trial (maybe) they will have a compassionate use program by then. I guess it is just one step at a time...

On another note, I shared all of my carefully crafted notes on chemo / trial options with my doctor and she seemed quite impressed. She was going to share them with her colleagues to show them just how educated patients are becoming. I used the thoughts / experiences of many here combined with notes from the "Breast Cancer Watch Digest Newsletter". Anyway, I feel a calm resolve that I am going in the right direction and that gives me hope and a degree of peace (the degree that you get when you have mets and your current treatment is failing and you have crossed your fingers and toes that the next choice you make will work).

Thanks for your support! Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote