View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 01:46 AM   #6
Zingy

Re: Diagnosed this month

Hi Raz,

It's a shame to be saying "hi" here but here we all are and although I'm new too there's a lot of information and support available. I was diagnosed in June this year aged 42, recently had my 43rd birthday. You're right, the diagnosis sucks and it can be scary. I've had R mastectomy and just done my first chemo (FEC) last week. I was fit, healthy and full of energy before this and it has made me feel like a different person sometimes. All I can offer is that the science behind our treatment is getting better all the time, catching this early and taking hard, positive action makes a difference and it's ok to be however you need to be about it - angry, sad, determined - we're all different and we all find our way through by trial and error. One thing I would say is try not to dwell on statistics, they can paint a picture that's hard to swallow when you're first facing this and we're people, not numbers.
You're in my thoughts.

Zingy <3 x

IDC T1N0 stage 1c, ER weakly positive, grade 3, HER2+++
Diagnosed 12 June 2012, RMX 1st Aug 2012 immediate reconstruction with ADM and silicon implant.
Starting FEC-T + H Sept 2012, 3x FEC, 3 x T+H
Persephone trial (Warwick university, Cancer Research UK & Cambridge University) 6 or 12 months H
Zingy is offline   Reply With Quote