View Single Post
Old 06-11-2009, 06:47 PM   #6
shondagaylord

Smile

I think this is a wondeful thread. How scary was it at first. I guess you had no choice since he had retired. I would love a 2nd opinion, but I am totally horrified of doing so. I absolutely love the doc and her nurse. I got so deathly ill at one point from Gemzar. I was hospitalized for 3 mo and I was in 3 different hospitals. It wasn't until I got with her that I started to get better, and she pulled in all her team of doctors. However because of all of the other health issues I have had since the cancer I am a REAL tricky case. I have a kidney doc, a cardio doc, a PCP, and my onc. They all work very closely together. They all have to agree on treatments and so on. I really wouldlike to hear what someone else has to say though. I hear there are SO MANY options, but you know what, I have had Taxol/Carbo, Tykerb/Xeloda (6 days only), Gemzar (VERY SICK) Navelbine (Progressing in a couple of areas) and Herceptain the whole time and Zometa evry 3 month now because of kidneys. They started talking Avastin/Taxol but Cardio doc said no for now w/ BP issues so we have decided to go back to Taxol/Herceptain since I originally didn't "fail on Taxol". Does anyone have any other ideas of a combo I might suggest?
I read on here also about hair loss after being on Gemzar and Navelbine that we kind of run out of options if we want to keep our hair. Is this true?

Love to all,
Shonda

36 M 5 children 16,12,9,7 yr old twins
DX 2-06 at 33 yrs old
4-06 Bi lateral mastectomyw/ recon
5-06 Taxol/Carbo Herceptain weekly
Have Mets in bone dx'd 1 week after surgery
5-07 Implant exchange
Chemo Holiday about 1 year
started Tykerb/Xeloda 6 days (Very sick)
Started Gemzar did 2 rounds (got very sick) In hospital 3 months w/ ARDS and TTP and CMV.
1-09 Started Navelbine/Herceptain weekly
shondagaylord is offline   Reply With Quote