View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 02:52 PM   #1
Brenda_D

What a difference a new onc makes!

I saw a new onc today because my other one retired.
This is a lady that was very up on BC and took the time to go through everything with me. She asked about me not having Taxol. I told her I wondered about that myself, but we both agree there's no need for it at this point.
She asked about my menopause status, lymphedema, if I had any problems with Herceptin ( I told her about the hip pain, and she said that was quite possibly the Herceptin), what problems I had with chemo, and radiation.
She asked about the targeted rads to the positive IM node. She said she always watches for a positive IM node's tendency to move the BC up the chain. She asked about back pain, rib pain (which I've been having), etc.
She asked if I was having scans every 6 months, and mammos. (I had to ask my last onc for any scans).
She scheduled a pet/ct without my even asking.
She did a breast exam, and looked at my spine, and did a liver palpitation, and listened to my lungs.
She agreed with me that my CA 27-29 draws never showed any elevations, so they probably don't work for me and I don't need them at each visit.
I have to tell you all I am thrilled with this Onc.