View Single Post
Old 02-01-2014, 07:18 AM   #1
Mom

Desperately Seeking Info on IT Herceptin

My daughter is stage iv Her2 positive with brain mets (as well as liver, lung, etc). All but brain seem to be reacting well to various chemos (i.e. tdm-1, Xeloda) but we need to find the best treatment plan for the brain (FAST). I am aware of the IT Herceptin trial at Northwestern University, Chicago (and other locations) but I also feel like there are other facilities (outside the trial) that are administering the Herceptin directly to the brain. She lives in Atlanta so I'm looking for information regarding whether anyone has rec'd IT Herceptin locally in Atlanta or close by. Also just curious about anyone's experience outside of a trial. I spoke to a research nurse at Dana-Farber and she was not aware of IT Herceptin outside of a trial they are doing there (in conjunction with Northwestern U) but I have personal knowledge of a lady getting it at University of Michigan in Ann Arbor and I've seen some other posts here regarding MD Anderson doing it. I am my daughter's best patient advocate (as I've had to find out over the past few years) so any and all information would be greatly appreciated.
Mom is offline   Reply With Quote