View Single Post
Old 12-01-2016, 12:37 PM   #18
Paula O

Re: Update on Paula/Cancer Fightin' Words

Julie, no blanket or coat on must have been very uncomfortable. What was the reasoning, so you would be cooler with the fever?

After the skipped week of chemo because of the low WBC, my counts improved a little bit yesterday but not much. It was good enough to get chemo.I am getting walloped with each treatment and I can't see how I'll possibly be high enough next Wednesday for another treatment. I have a call in to see if I can get my CBC checked on Friday or Monday and get some Neupogen if it's low so maybe my blood work will be good enough to get the Taxol next Wednesday. I don't understand their hesitancy on stimulating my bone marrow. When I was on Carboplatin and Taxotare every three weeks in 2011 (same doc) I automatically got neulasta 24 hrs after each treatment and I always had reasonably good blood work considering I was on chemo.

If anyone is interested, I posted an update in my blog with a "cancer cup song" I'm thinking of adapting and personalizing for breast cancer--looks like fun to do. If it turns out, maybe some day I'll do it with my daughters and put it on Youtube: http://jpoliver.com/wordpress/archives/1588

Have a great day!

Paula
Paula O is offline   Reply With Quote