View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:30 PM   #21
KsGal

Re: NEDenise vs NEDecadron Smackdown!

You know, even at my lowest points, you always make me laugh in your posts. You have the most wonderful sense of humor and a positive attitude. I have finally tapered off the steroids, although now I have headaches. Im am not kidding you one bit, in about a week my face is probably half the size it was..not quite back to normal but definitely not in full hot air balloon mode.

Im single, and there is this man that met me when I was first diagnosed who keeps wanting me to go out to dinner with him. He hasn't seen me (obviously!) since the whole steroid effect kicked in. Someone asked me why I didn't take him up on it and I was like...Well, lets see, Im fat, Im bald, I have a hump on my back and what my doctor sweetly refers to as "buffalo neck", I have no nipples...Im really prime dating material right now..lol. So, yeah, I definitely identify. Im sorry you are dealing with all this. Like I said in other posts, I think the steroids are worse than the actual brain treatment.

Keep thinking positive, and know how much everyone here adores you, and all the prayers that are being sent up on your behalf. You ARE a warrior woman, and an inspiration to everyone.
December 2012 was diagnosed with five brain mets, and had whole brain radiation.
Around July 2014 two mets in brain, one a residual spot and one new one growing in size. Received Cyberknife on both areas
Clear/NED
April 2015 remain NED
KsGal is offline   Reply With Quote