View Single Post
Old 03-11-2005, 04:01 AM   #6
Isabelle

Hey guys,

I am all for the healthy diet. After working as a food writer, recipe editor and pastry chef I was deep into sugar.

That was all before cancer. I have since worked as consulted with a major food manufacurer researching food and health trends. It is old news that our health is related to what we eat. Ask your mothers, read old cookbooks.

The weight and health problems is also how much we overeat of certain items in the USA, the land of plentiful inexpensive snack foods. We also sit in our cars too much.

But, please recall that part of the human experience of nourishment is a social and pleasurable one. Plan for and inluced in your diet things you enjoy in moderation. In my case, that is the best dark chocolate money can buy. In moderation. Sitting down. Enjoying throughly.

I promise you, if you never eat another piece of fried chicken, or a pizza made without organic cheese, it is not goin to cure your cancer or extend your life a year. Holding your nose and chugging down Essiac tea followed by flaxseed oil and fish oil is not going to make you live forever. Or prevent recurrence. I speak from experience.

Don't forget to do the things you enjoy. Go outside, see nature, eat well and with friends.

Enjoy the life you are being given by herceptin. I am.

From Isabelle,
now in treatment for brain mets and eating 50g of extremely dark choclate a day.
Isabelle is offline   Reply With Quote