View Single Post
Old 08-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #32
Sandra in GA

Re: Walter Reed Vaccine trial

Hello to All,
I am up in Winston-Salem NC and have just received the last of my six inoculations! This has really passed quickly and with very few side effects. Wednesday I go back over to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center for the nurse to evaluate my reactions. I will return in three weeks for the scratch tests. I have been told they are going to offer the boosters up here also, but they don't have their paper work together yet. Surely, they will when I come back. I feel so fortunate to have been included in this trial. This is the only one that is looking at vaccine for HLA-A2 neg. people. In other trials, they have been used as controls. The vaccine I have been hopefully getting is AE37 peptide vaccine. Recently, results from a phase I trial using this same vaccine for prostate cancer patients has been published showing positive results for these patients also.

I feel great and in July I got a report of clean scans and a normal CA 15-3!!! So, I am now a TWO year SURIVOR!!!

Thanks to this board, I learned about the Walter Reed vaccine trial. I will be forever grateful. Thank you for all of the encouragement and advice so many of you have offered me. This disease has humbled me by the response of not only family and friends but total strangers as well.

Thanks to all of you,
Sandra
Chemo: A/C; Taxol/Herceptin/Tykerb; phase II study at Mayo adding Tykerb for early stage
Radiation: 25 rads
Vaccine: Walter Reed GP2/AE37 vaccine study ~ last booster 9/17/2012
Sandra in GA is offline   Reply With Quote