Thread: sicko by MM
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 06:34 AM   #8
kcherub

Hi, Harrie (MA)!

I saw SICKO a few months ago, and I found it thought-provoking and very interesting. I have always believed that our health care system could use improvement, but what this is--who knows?!? Just as there are those who love their countries universal health care system, there are those that do not. It is the same way here, but...

I am lucky that I have great insurance, and that I haven't had any "real" problems getting the treatment I wanted/needed (so far). I found myself getting really angry when hearing the stories of those who did not. The wife who requested a bone marrow transplant (wasn't it that?) for her husband just burned my butt. How long does something have to be around for an insurance company to not be able to label it "experimental"? Ugh. The medication issue and costs? OMG--how is that possible?

I know a lot of people look at MM as a political thing (demo. vs. repub.), but I look at him as just another entertainer with a bit of investigational journalism thrown in. Yes, he is over the top, but I don't see myself making any major lifestyle changes due to his films. It is just like everything else--no one is going to agree with everyone else's opinions all of the time.

Great topic--gives us something else to chat about.

Much love,
ER/PR 90%+ HER2 +
6 TCH started 5/25/2007, ended after #5 due to steroid "reactions" and neuropathy in feet and hands
BUT--#6 CH w/o Taxotere
Begin Herceptin alone 9/28/2007
30 rads completed 12/19/2007
Finish Herceptin 5/9/2008
Stopped Tamoxifen early--HATED it.
Married 17 years
13-year old son
3 embies on ice (from 1999)
GA, USA

kcherub is offline   Reply With Quote