View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 04:16 PM   #3
sisterofher2+

Re: What about non-orthodox "cures"? Have you tried?

Thank you, Lucy.

You were a vegan ( I suppose you still are), did you take B12 vit as a supplement? Flax seed oil?

I will definitely talk to my sis asap regarding the second opinion about taking tamoxifen or not. He doc said there's no other drug available for her at the moment.

You see, she knows (!) that tamoxifen is a cancerogen and may actually increase her chances in getting liver cancer. The side effects she is experiencing are liver discomfort/pain, productive coughing and hay fever like sypmtoms (in addition to aches and pains all over the body, concentration difficulties, hot flashes and way too much anxiety).

Her doc suggests that she should be taking tamoxifen for 10 years, instead of 5, referring to some recent study. But my sister is very scared of the permanent liver damage/hepatitis/liver cancer.

But she can't make a decision on her own. She is totally dependant on her doc's opinion and prescriptions. If he says smth like "you better stay on tamoxifen for another 9 years, I will prescribe you 10 other drugs to manage your side effects", she will accept it. Seriously. She is way too scared to have her cancer spread or that a new tumor is being found in her body.
sisterofher2+ is offline   Reply With Quote