View Single Post
Old 10-14-2011, 03:45 PM   #7
Debbie L.

Re: Lifetime's movie Five by Demi Moore

Jessica, once again your words resonate with me. I didn't watch this either. Not because I thought it would upset me or make me too emotional -- but because I feared it would be what I expect from Lifetime -- a soap opera/after-school-special type of drama. (in the worst sense of the word "drama").

So I can't say anything about the movie, but did want to say to you, Jessica, that I hear you, as loudly and clearly (while nodding my head, YES) as is possible for someone not in metastatic shoes. I think it's important that you keep saying what you're saying -- the good, the bad and the ugly. One of those, by itself, has much less power. All good, as in Lifetime sugar-coating that tugs at emotions but sidesteps truth, is not the real story (although it's easier to hear). All bad/ugly risks coming across as whining, and that can be too easily dismissed.

You, Jessica, always strike just the right balance in your stories, and I honor you for that, and encourage you to continue writing, perhaps in a larger venue.

Warm regards,
Debbie Laxague
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote