View Single Post
Old 02-15-2005, 10:46 PM   #2
Lolly

Hi Kim, and Congratulations! I am surprised to hear that you're #20, as when I was there just yesterday they said they were up to 10 confirmed volunteers. Maybe they included the ones still going through documentation when they told you 20. I hope they aren't full already, as some more of the group here are hoping to get in.

Here's a link to a list of motels close to UW:

http://www.uwmedicine.org/Facilities/UWMed...ousingguide.htm

We stayed at the Silver Cloud for our first visit, and it was very nice, but more expensive than some of the others as it is only about 10 blocks from the Medical Center. The further away you go the less expensive. Be sure you mention that you're a patient at the Medical Center as some of them will give you a discount. We received a 10% discount on our $99 room, so it was $89 plus tax(total was $109).

It's a long day, so wear something loose and comfortable; they give you the standard issue hospital gown for a top, but you can keep your bottoms on, and sweat pants or jogging pants and warm thick socks work nicely. Eat a solid breakfast as they will be doing a big blood draw. They will provide a menu when you first arrive, so you will have a nice lunch brought to you. The coffee's good! We arrived at 10 am for my first visit, and left the building around 4:30, so that gives you an idea of the day. It could be longer, depending on the length of your consent conference and medical history.

Good Luck, and again CONGRATULATIONS!

Love, Lolly
Lolly is offline   Reply With Quote