View Single Post
Old 01-05-2006, 06:10 PM   #16
sassy

guiding me to treatment

I had my mast surgery at a small local hospital, and being new to the cancer scene planned to have treatment in the same small town. After surgery, I continued to have fluid that was being drawn daily for several weeks from the surgical site, and my surgeon would not release me to begin Chemo.

During this waiting time, I had the opportunity to visit and talk with the oncologist office staff and got the distinct feeling that it was not the place for me to be.

On a Thursday, my surgeon drew 50 cc's of fluid and I told him I would like to switch my treatment to Wake Forrest Univeristy. He said that would be fine and was able to get an appointment for the following Wednesday for consult (very unusual to get one so quickly.) Not yet ready to release me for treatment because of fluid. On Monday, I went back to once again have fluid drawn and the fluid had stopped! My surgeon released me for treatment, had consult on Wednesday and Wake Forrest moved me directly into treatment the following Monday.

After finishing A/C, WF realized that my local hospital had not tested for her2, they tested, I was positive, put me on hera protocol that had just been released that week!

Now was I in the right place at the right time or what. And how mysterious that the fluid stopped upon my decision to move treatment to another facility. Had I stayed where I was originally, I would not have been tested for her2, and would not have received herceptin.

God has been and continues to be with me every step of the way.

Keep the Faith,

Sassy
________
Prilosec attorney

Last edited by sassy; 08-22-2011 at 08:36 AM..
sassy is offline   Reply With Quote