View Single Post
Old 07-11-2006, 07:17 PM   #1
Sandy H

Lost my sister this weekend!

My sister passed away this weekend unexpectedly. She was only 57 years old last Monday the day she was admitted to the hospital. She had been battling a cold the past three weeks and a week ago yesterday she was taken to the hospital by ambulance. Her husband was told she would pull through but it would be a long haul for her. Then on Saturday she took a turn for the worse and passed away Sunday morning. It was determined she had a staph infection that went into the blood and her whole body. The antibiotics were very stong to fight the staph and shut her heart and kidneys down. The nurses told her husband that they are seeing this in the young and they are waiting too long to get treated as was her case. These infections are mutating so fast the antibiotics are unable to keep ahead of them. Very scary and I wanted to let everyone know that for us if we wait two weeks when we suspect something is wrong it maybe too late!!! Beware of your body. We are shocked as I or my siblings never thought my younger sister would go before me!!!! Just had to share this with you all. hugs, Sandy

Last edited by Sandy H; 07-12-2006 at 05:54 AM..
Sandy H is offline   Reply With Quote