View Single Post
Old 07-31-2013, 03:21 PM   #47
rinaina

Re: Christine has passed away

I had the wonderful opportunity to meet both Joe and Christine when I helped them in Chicago during a huge Cancer meeting at McCormick Place. I worked with them over the entire weekend for 3 days and Debbie and Christine and I even got the chance to do a little shopping on Michigan Avenue and have a ladies lunch. What impressed me the most of this family was their dedication to each and every Her2 support member and every diagnosed Her 2 patient. They were such selfless people who for the sake of others never stopped their mission. Christine, despite her own serious battles was always there pushing herself for the sake of everyone else. I never met such incredibly devoted people as Christine and Joe. My heart aches knowing the world, not just us but the millions who haven't even been diagnosed yet, will never get to experience the wonderfulness of Joe and Christine. To Danielle and Debbie, my most heartfelt sympathies. You were so blessed to have the wonderful parents you have had. I know you will continue to live by their example. I know I will always remember Joe and Christine and all they did for so many, always putting others first. Rest in Peace as you meet again and no doubt plotting your next plan together. I worked with them on their anniversary and their love for each other was so apparent. It is somewhat comforting knowing they are together once again.
AC 4 dense doses
34 radiation treatments including booster doses
receiving herceptin every 3 weeks since late August 2006 for 12 months
rinaina is offline   Reply With Quote