View Single Post
Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
kvogler

Cancer and marriage

I've read how many of you have been lucky enough to have supportive spouses during treatment. But have any of you been in the same boat as me where your spouse or significant other is not as supportive as you had hoped they would be? I have friends and family for support but this diagnosis has honestly put a strain on our relationship. We have a young daughter and were just getting used to being parents when now we have this piled on us now. I don't know if our bond is strong enough anymore to endure. I try to tell my husband what I need but he's a bundle of nerves too and is quick to anger. My treatments have been going well so far, but now my personal life is crap. It's making me depressed and I often cry and feel panicy. I have an appointment with a psychriatrist and I hope this well help some. I just feel so alone and like a big failure right now. Things are just getting so hard to bear right now. And I shouldn't feel this way because others are worse than me but its just how I feel. I don't even feel like myself anymore.
kvogler is offline   Reply With Quote